Sunday, January 17, 2010

Learning To Eat Again

Ok so as I started to eat mush I had thought much about how to eat. When I ate the mashed potatoes, I ate them but didn't feel that full feeling that I was told i would feel. I worried me. I ate what i thought was a lot-more than I thought i could eat. I guess because i was told to chew so much i made sure it was like liquid before swallowing so it passed right through my "pouch" Not until today when I ate 3 low fat ritz with a tablespoon and half of low fat peanut butter did I experience that full feeling. I was getting worried that maybe something was wrong, because I hadn't felt that feeling and I have been on mush since Thursday.

There is not much i can eat still, but it is way better than the liquids only stage. I can have eggs-soft boiled or scrambled, shredded or melted cheese, low fat yogurt, Hummus, melba toast, graham crackers or low fat ritz, peanut butter- creamy only, cream of wheat or rice, dried beans and peas- cooked until tender, bananas, unsweetened apple sauce, mashed avocado, sugar free pudding, potato or sweet potato- mashed or boiled -skins removed.

Now here are a couple of things I can eat that I won't. I would rather starve than eat these two things and I will explain.
1. Cottage cheese- this slimy and yet lumpy stuff makes me gag- and it smells like my feet after not wearing socks with my sneakers on a hot summer day.
2. Tofu- now people keep saying- "but tofu doesn't have a taste" and maybe that is part of the problem. All I know I would rather eat the cheese from between my toes after not wearing socks with my sneakers on a hot summer day.
Yes I hate these things and there is only one other food I feel like this about and that is blue cheese- which strangely enough looks like the stuff between my toes after not wearing socks with my sneakers on a hot summer day.

One final thought, I have noticed that in the battle of mind hunger that watching the food network does not help- go figure!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Ed!!! I really enjoy reading your blog!!!!! You have a great gift for writing!!!
    Love & Hugs,
    Aunt Judy XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you on the cottage cheese, Ed. Eating it cold is nasty. But, baked with pasta is yummy. I don't know if pasta is part of the mush stage...

    ReplyDelete